Singing Our Faith
Music as Catechesis in our Eastern Christian Tradition
This event has completed
Be filled with the Spirit, speaking to one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord, giving thanks always for all things to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ...
Rev. David Anderson
Rev. David E. Anderson is a priest of the Ukrainian Catholic Eparchy of Chicago. Educated at St. Vladimir’s Seminary, where he was a student of Rev. Alexander Schmemann, he was ordained in 1983. From before his ordination until now, he has been both a teacher and a translator of patristic and Byzantine liturgical texts. Especially known for his lectures on the early Church Fathers and the early liturgy he also currently serves as the full-time Byzantine chaplain at Wyoming Catholic College.
- God With Us: The Art of Catechesis in Our Eastern Christian Tradition
- +Metropolitan Andrey Sheptytsky's Decree Regarding Church Singing
- "The Divine Praises", Instruction for Applying the Liturgical Prescriptions of the CCEC
- "Whether God should be praised with song?" Summa Theologica of St. Thomas Aquinas
- Praise of the Theotokos for the Hymns of St. John of Damascus