Orthodoxy & Heterodoxy
The History of the Ecumenical Councils
This event has completed
Join us as Rev. Christiaan Kappes leads us through the breathtaking story of the battle of the Holy Fathers of the Ecumenical Councils to preserve the integrity of the faith against heresy in the decisive first centuries of Church history.
Rev. Christiaan Kappes, Ph.D., SLD
Rev. Christiaan Kappes, PhD, SLD, holds Bachelor degrees from Seton Hall and the Pontifical University of St. Thomas (where he also earned a Masters), State Diplomas from the Dante Alighieri Institute and University of La Sapienza and the Kapodistrian University of Athens, and a Doctorate from Sant’Anselmo de Urbe. He is currently a PhD candidate at Aristotle University. In addition to serving as pastor at several parishes, Fr. Kappes also taught at several institutions in the USA and internationally. Currently, he serves as the Academic Dean of Ss. Cyril and Methodius Byzantine Catholic Seminary in Pittsburgh, PA.
- Lecture Flyer
- The Ecumenical Councils by Francis Dvornik
- The Cambridge Companion to the Council of Nicea edited by Young Richard Kim
- Decrees of the Ecumenical Councils by Norman Tanner, S.J.
- Athanasius by Khaled Anatolios
- The Secret History of Transubstantiation: Pulling Back the Veil on the Eucharist by Rev. Christiaan Kappes & William Albrecht
- An Exact Exposition of the Orthodox Faith by St. John of Damascus