A Spiritual Journey to Pascha
This event has completed
With the late Rev. Alexander Schmemann’s important work Great Lent as our guide, this four-week series will take us through the liturgies of the Great Fast to help us experience them more fully and make the most out of the Church’s beautiful season of preparation for Pascha.
Rev. David Anderson
Rev. David E. Anderson is a priest of the Ukrainian Catholic Eparchy of Chicago. Educated at St. Vladimir’s Seminary, where he was a student of Rev. Alexander Schmemann, he was ordained in 1983. From before his ordination until now, he has been both a teacher and a translator of patristic and Byzantine liturgical texts. Especially known for his lectures on the early Church Fathers and the early liturgy he also currently serves as the full-time Byzantine chaplain at Wyoming Catholic College.
- Great Lent: Journey to Pascha by Rev. Alexander Schmemann
- The Lenten Triodion
- The Lenten Triodion (an electronic version)
- The Lenten Prayer of St. Ephrem the Syrian
- The Lenten Spring by Rev. Thomas Hopko
- The Illuminating Icon by Anthony Ugolnik
- The Wisdom of the Psalms by Romano Guardini
- The Typica Service - to be prayed when there is no priest