God With Us
The Art of Catechesis in the Orthodox Tradition
This event has completed
As an old saying goes, the law of prayer is the law of belief. The foundation and authority of Orthodox Catholic catechesis is and always has been the Divine Liturgy of the Church. Rooted in prayer and looking to the Lord, we discover the Orthodox Faith in the face of Christ.
Rev. David Anderson
Rev. David E. Anderson is a priest of the Ukrainian Catholic Eparchy of Chicago. Educated at St. Vladimir’s Seminary, where he was a student of Rev. Alexander Schmemann, he was ordained in 1983. From before his ordination until now, he has been both a teacher and a translator of patristic and Byzantine liturgical texts. Especially known for his lectures on the early Church Fathers and the early liturgy he also is an instructor of philosophy at Mendocino College and chaplain at Wyoming Catholic College.
- Liturgy and Life: Christian Development through Liturgical Experience by Rev. Alexander Schmemann
- Sunday School, Evangelization & Our Melkite Church by Rev. Hezekias Carnazzo
- Wellspring of Worship by Rev. Jean Corbon
- Leisure: The Basis of Culture by Josef Pieper
- The Cult of the Saints by St. John Chrysostom