Dying to Sin
The First Steps in Askesis
Mondays, February 22, March 1 & 8 @ 8 - 9 p.m. ET
Are we all called to askesis, or asceticism, or is it only the calling of a select few? Join us this Great Lent as we learn from the great ascetics of the Church, discovering how to apply the practice of askesis in our own lives.
Rev. Deacon Thomas Moses
Rev. Deacon Thomas Moses serves as a deacon at Our Lady of the Cedars Melkite Greek Catholic Church in Manchester, NH, where he lives with his wife and daughter. He is a graduate of Sts. Cyril and Methodius Byzantine Catholic Seminary and now works as a full time high school theology teacher at Bishop Guertin High School and a per diem chaplain at St. Joseph Hospital, both in nearby Nashua, NH. Some of his written work can be found on Catholic Exchange.
- Lecture Outline
- The Apostolic Fathers: Greek Texts and English Translations by Michael Holmes
- The Byzantine Ascetic and Spiritual Fathers by Georges Florovsky
- The Life of St. Anthony by St. Athanasius
- The Path to Salvation: A Manual of Spiritual Transformation by St. Theophan the Recluse
- Unseen Warfare revised by St. Theophan the Recluse